Underworlds Ultimate Edition
- #: 34162
- Price: $1.99 In Apple Store
- Category: Games
- Updated: 2010-05-24
- Current Version: 1.2
- Size: 126.00 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pixel Mine
- Requirements: Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 3.2 or later
- © (c) 2010 Pixel Mine, Inc.
Add to Favorite apps
Underworlds, named by Touch Arcade as a MUST HAVE iPhone game is now available on the iPad with a new ULTIMATE EDITION! -~^-~^-~^-~^-~^-~^-~^-~^-~^-~^-~^-~^-~^-~^-iPhone PressGame of the Month - AppGamer.net"it occupied almost all my free time…..
What's New in Version 1.2
-fixed crash on chapter 1 end
Rated 3/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Ugly, boring, and buggy.
Alex Neuse write:
This "iPad version" is nothing more that a scaling up of the iPhone version, making the pixels look stretched and horrible.
The game still crashes after chapter 1 ends, which was supposedly fixed in an update.
Button tapping bugs are rampant throughout and the game doesn't save all the player's options settings.
This game basically has no production values, basic, if not laughable "gameplay", and the iPad version is a joke.
If you must play this game, play the iPhone version.
This is what it is all about right here... Forget the complaints about pixels, so what the game is pixelated, you will forget about that less than three minutes playing into this game. Great storyline, great action, not bogged down with story, but enough story to create a plot and quest line.
This reminds me of the earlier iteration of dungeon crawlers, and it is worth every penny. Definitely get this game if you like adventure hack'n'slash. The weapon system is a tad complicated, but you'll get the hang of it enough to enjoy the game.
A couple of bugs for the developers to be made aware of, but not terminal, as to reduce the desirability of the game...
1. Lines appearing horizontally along when moving then character sometimes.
2. The entire first campaign I did not haven the HUD for the special attack and the map - I was actually going to suggest a map until I realized in chapter two that the special attack control button appeared along with the map, where in the first chapter I only saw the pin that shows where you are on the map.
3. Every five points in intelligence reads to provide an additional point for "feats". However, you only get that additional point once, not recurring with each level gain, and that is not how it reads but rather suggests you get this additional feat point for each level and for every five points you add for intelligence. Either it needs to read more clearly, or the allocation of the additional feat points is not correctly calculating for each level gain.
4. Finally, at first i was able to move the HUD boxes for each of the various menus, and then inexplicably, the boxes would not move anymore for some reason. I am not sure if that bug also contributed to the problems described in the preceding section 2.
5. I had no sound whatsoever for the first chapter. I am not sure if muting the music before the start of the campaign somehow caused that situation. However, I unmated the music and still had no sound when I started my first campaign.
These issues are really for the developers if they are reading these reviews. Again, these are not issues that cause the gameplay to suffer, but rather upon fixed will make the gameplay that much more fun. Moreover, these are bugs I ran into while playing, and maybe not necessarily consistent with everyone's experience.
Definitely buy this game, download, and you I'll thoroughly enjoy once you get past the limitations in the graphics. One suggestion is to definitely increase the brightness within the game controls because the default setting is very dark
A great Hack and Slash iPad game
David Griffin write:
I went looking for a traditional hack and slash RPG on the iPad and found Underworlds. It's a very good experience and a lot of fun on the iPad. It feels very similar to older games such as Wizardry, Might and Magic, and Realmz and has consumed a lot of enjoyable time for me.
That said, it's not perfect. The magic items are so complex that determining if the new item is better than your old one is very difficult and this is complicated by being able to carry very few items. Sometimes when you have your inventory up, you get attacked by monsters and killed before you even know you are under attack. The game could use better instructions (or any instructions) and a good online strategy guide which would reduce the need for support by the authors. It took most of a play through before I realized the teleport charms were designed to let you teleport back to the merchant to sell your stuff. And it took me almost that long to realize that the goblet icon gave you a description of your current goals.
That said, this is my favorite game on the iPad and the one I go back to time after time.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes
Related to «Underworlds Ultimate Edition» applications
★ FEATURED ON "WHAT'S HOT" FOR TRIVIA★ NOW INCLUDES EVERY ADD-ON★ NO MORE IN-APP PURCHASES EVER★ 45 VERSIONS NOW INCLUDEDHeres the deal. You travel around the country to every Pro… [more..]
Price: $0.99 |
★★★★★ All levels!!! 243 levels walkthrough!!!★★★★★ Ham 'Em High (12,13,14) - Complete 3 star Levels walkthrough!! Including all new levels (v 1.5.3)★★★★★ The Big Setup (9,10,11) - Complete 3 star… [more..]
Price: $0.99 |
Turn your iPhone™, iPad™ & iPod Touch™ into a TouchScreen Remote Control connected directly to your favourite Online Poker Room!This App comes with a clear display with BET, CHECK, FOLD buttons, a… [more..]
Price: $4.99 |
*** WIFI MULTIPLAYER VERSION OF SPEED! ***Are you fast enough for 'Speed Ultimate Edition'?This is the classic addictive card game called 'Speed' where speed and reflexes matter… [more..]
Price: $0.99 |
Winning 888 Ultimate Edition is a fun dice game that is complementary to Ultimate Mafia - Real World Land Wars, and allows the player to earn chips daily which can then be converted into Reward Points… [more..]
Price: $9.99 |
Toy Cash Register is a simple toy cash register for the iPhone , iPod, and iPad that lets you play store. You can enter cash amounts and see them show on the receipt with a random product. When done… [more..]
Price: $2.99 |
** ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY SALE - GET IT FOR ONLY 99cents BEFORE THE SALE ENDS !! **One of the best Word games gets even better. Welcome to Stitch'em Words - Ultimate Edition !NEW FEATURES IN… [more..]
Price: $0.99 |
★★★★★ All Levels !!! 150 step by step level solutions!!!Using our tips you will be able to finish each level successfully with all three stars!*Simple and easy instructions.*Retina display compatible.… [more..]
Price: $0.99 |
A Love Calc: Ultimate Edition is a love calculator with a host of features including: - Find out the compatibility % of a couple or potential couple- Read the report on the couple's compatibility… [more..]
Price: $1.99 |